Michigan Wood Pellet manufacture premium quality wood fuel pellets
. We are committed to the quality of our product. We monitor and test our pellets to insure that they meet the standards set forth by the Pellet Fuel Institute for premium wood fuel pellets. These standards include:
- Density: consistent hardness and energy content of 40 pounds per cubic foot.
- Dimensions: length (1 1/2 maximum) and diameter 1/4 to assure predictable fuel amounts and prevent fuel jamming.
- Fines: limited amount of sawdust from pellet breakdown to avoid dust while loading and problems with pellet flow during stove operation (amount of fines passing through a 1/8 screen no more than .5% by weight).
- Chlorides: limited salt content (no more than 300 parts per million) to avoid stove or vent rusting.
- Ash Content: An important factor in maintenance frequency. Premium grade pellet fuel has less then 1% ash content.